The rules of Reading with the Rays presented by Suncoast Credit Union are simple:
- Go to your local library to get your game card.
- Choose your favorite books from your local library to read over the summer.
- As you read, track your hours by rounding the bases on your game card and collect Rays rewards along the way.
- When you read enough hours to get to first base, ask your parent or guardian to initial your card; then bring it to your local library.
- The librarian will initial your card and give you a reading reward.
- Round the bases by reading a total of 24 hours this summer and receive two tickets to a Rays game!
On the back of the card, keep track of your favorite books and articles you read this summer. Read around the bases — 24 hours total!
Read 3 hours to get from Home Plate to First Base
Reward: Reading with the Rays jelly bracelet
Read 5 more hours to get from First to Second Base
Reward: Reading with the Rays arm sleeve
Read 7 more hours to get from Second to Third Base
Reward: Reading with the Rays water bottle
Read 9 more hours to get from Third Base to Home Plate
Reward: Reading with the Rays ticket voucher redeemable for two complimentary tickets to a 2017 Rays regular season home game (select dates and restrictions apply).
Keeping your mind strong and healthy is important, especially over the summer months. The best way to exercise your brain is by reading. As you can read on the pages of the Reading with the Rays Newspaper in Education publication, Tampa Bay Rays baseball players know the importance of staying healthy and strong and keeping their minds active.